The CUMIS Group Limited (CUMIS) partners with credit unions to deliver competitive insurance and financial solutions. In doing so, it creates financial security and promotes the growth and success of the credit union system in Canada.
As the leading provider of insurance-related products and services to the Canadian credit union system, CUMIS serves approximately 380 credit unions, with a total of more than five million members.
By partnering with CUMIS, credit unions can offer their members many types of insurance, including credit and mortgage protection, life, disability and critical illness, home, auto, travel and employee benefits. CUMIS also offers business, liability and property insurance to credit unions themselves. In the area of wealth management, CUMIS offers credit unions group retirement plans and member support services, such as education sessions and financial planning tools.
Our value proposition:
CUMIS is a trusted partner to credit unions and their members for protection — personal, financial and business.
Our value model is supported by five pillars:
- Relationships — We are committed to building strong, effective and proactive relationships
- Solutions — We provide strategic advice and insurance solutions
- Support — We provide custom training and superior customer service to support solutions
- Results — We are results driven and work with clients to achieve the best outcomes
- Co-operative & Community — Our corporate values align with those of the co-operative and credit union system
CUMIS’ principal companies are CUMIS Life Insurance Company and CUMIS General Insurance Company. CUMIS also has a 50 per cent interest in Credential Financial Inc. CUMIS is jointly owned by Co-operators Life Insurance Company and Central 1 Credit Union.